running image on another computer

BAVECO J.M.BAVECO at ibn.dlo.nl
Fri Apr 10 12:27:51 UTC 1998

I tried to run my image from another computer on the network (with the VM
copied to this other computer). It works OK, except that sources and changes
files are not available: Squeak looks for these files on the machine where the
VM is (more or less hard-coded by appending imagename.changes to
"SystemDictionary vmFile"). Wouldn't it be reasonable to take the location of
the image file as the default location to look for changes and sources files,
instead of the location of the VM?
How hard would it be to change to current setting?

Hans Baveco
Institute for Forestry and Nature Research
Wageningen
The Netherlands