more MVC questions

Vassili Bykov vassili at objectpeople.com
Thu Feb 12 22:18:41 UTC 1998

This is a common newbie trap.  Opening a window does not return *at all* in
Smalltalk-80 and old Smalltalk/Vs.  This is why "tv" in the code below is
undefined: the send of #open:label: eventually results in the execution of
StandardSystemController>>open which terminates the active process.  The
assignment never happens.

--Vassili

Vassili Bykov         vassili at objectpeople.com
The Object People     http://www.objectpeople.com