Smalltalk book for beginners?

Serg Koren Serg at VisualNewt.com
Tue Jan 20 14:56:14 UTC 1998

----- Christopher Oliver said:

>> "A Taste of Smalltalk"
>
>  I borrowed and enjoyed this from a friend when I got my first copy
>  of Squeak.  I think it may be more than a little hard to get.  I did
>  a quick check, and Powell's doesn't seem to have one at the moment.
>  I don't know haw fast an out-of-print book search will turn this up.
>
>"On To Smalltalk" are excellent for beginners.
>
>  Will this work for Squeakers?  Isn't it SE-centric?
>
>--

Apart from some of the GUI-specific builder things, it works fine.  Even
the GUI-builder portions are useful to know although not directly usable
on Squeak...not everyone uses Squeak  unfortunately ;-)

VisualNewt Software: http://www.VisualNewt.com/

Maker of Newt'sPaper(tm) the Premier Newton(R)
MessagePad(tm) News Reader.