Squeak 2.1 now available

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at kiel.netsurf.de
Tue Jul 7 18:39:52 UTC 1998

>existing VM.  Bad things happened immediately.  (In particular, the
>image hangs when entering a project, for example.  A manual interrupt
>shows that the image is repeatedly halted with 'bad bitblt arg
>(fraction?) proceed to convert').

I downloaded the fresh 2.1 image and ran into the same problem. I haven't
investigated what went wrong, but the following fix helped me to play the
SameGame (which is great and addicting btw).

It seems that there's an unknown combinationRules no 33 which let's the
bitblt primitive fail. A simple

combinationRule = 33 ifTrue: [^self]

just before the

self halt: 'Bad BitBlt ...'

line seems to work around that problem. I've no idea what combination rule
33 is, but the system seems to run fine without that, too.

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  Are you ready to discover the twilight zone?