Pluggability

James McCartney james at clyde.as.utexas.edu
Sat May 30 04:08:29 UTC 1998

Well FWIW, I think that using "value" for actions is wrong.
The value of an object should be the object itself except for things
which are "evaluateable" like Blocks. This is like LISP, things
evaluate to themselves, or the logical meaning of the value of the
object. The value of an object is NOT to take an action.
Doing an action is a completely separate thing from finding the value
of an object. I think that both overloading "value" and "evaluate"
are hacks and that you should use a name like "doAction".

   --- james mccartney     james at clyde.as.utexas.edu   james at lcsaudio.com
If you have a PowerMac check out SuperCollider, a real time synth program:
http://www.audiosynth.com