Newbie Mode

Bolot Kerimbaev bolot at cc.gatech.edu
Sat Aug 28 18:28:44 UTC 1999

lets see...

To see if some preference is set, you can do:
 Preferences somePreference ifTrue: [...]
So, for the noviceMode it would be:
 Preferences noviceMode ifTrue: [...]
An important thing is that noviceMode is a message send.

Thus, you can type noviceMode, select it, and press command-n (or
apple-n, or alt-n, or bazooka-n, depending on your platform).
It will open a window with the list of senders of that message.
As you can discover, among other thing the novice mode creates balloon
help for a few well-known operations, such as: close/collapse window,
stretch a morph, etc.

bolot