Next version of standard (was Re: [Q] Is a vertical bar necessary in block?)

Glenn Krasner krasner at objectshare.com
Mon May 17 17:46:15 UTC 1999

At 02:12 PM 5/15/99 +0200, you wrote:
>Yes, I know it's an ANSI deviation, but simplification is also important.
>And there is always a next version of the standard...
>
>Reinier.

Speaking of a next version ANSI standard, now would be a logistically
convenient time to get the next version rolling, if there's sufficient
interest. ITIC is about to put the J20 committee on ice for lack of
activity. Many of us involved in the first release have some interest in
fixing up the current standard and working on a follow-on, but we don't
collectively have the energy to go through it all again alone.

If there were a new generation of people interested in continuing the work
with renewed energy, then that would probably awaken many of us burn-outs
to participate as well.

So now's a good time, please let me know ASAP if you are interested. If
not, I'm sure that a future energy-inspired community would be able to
defrost J20 if/when necessary.

glenn
Acting J20 Chair