Object Oriented Design Methods with Squeak

Jan Theodore Galkowski algebraist at salonmember.com
Fri Nov 5 01:55:01 UTC 1999

On Fri, 05 Nov 1999 08:24:08   Graham Telfer wrote:
>I'm new to OOP and just beginning to get to
>grips with Squeak. Up to now I've been using
>Prolog a lot.

>My knowledge of OOD in general is weak and I
>don't feel I can make progress programming in
>Smalltalk until I can design in an OO way.
>What OOD design methods do people find work
>well with Smalltalk and Squeak in particular.

>Any pointers as to how to proceed would be
>welcome.

For an introduction to OOD, its whys and reasons,
I still think Meyer's OOSC-2 is darn good, that is,

  http://www.eiffel.com/doc/oosc/page.html

And for someone who has the erudition to master
Prolog, I think Pat Winston's books are a good
way to go, his Smalltalk contribution described
at

  http://www.ascent.com/books/stback.html

[snip]

---