A Basic Image Question...THANKS

Ali Chamas alichamas at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 22 06:41:41 UTC 1999

Thanks for the ultra-speedy response!!!!

> > How do i detect when an image has opened?
>
> Look at implementors of #startUp and #shutDown.

I did just that, and <for the newbies> i see how this
is the way in which classes are given the chance to
#initialize (or whatever). Display, PasteUpMorph,
SoundPlayer in particular - just what i wanted to
know!

> Also look at

SystemDictionary>>addToStartUpList:/addToShutDownList:
> Essentially, if you want a class method #startUp (or
> #shutDown) to be
> called, you must do: Smalltalk addToStartUpList:
> MySplashScreen, then save
> the image. Next time you start the image, guess
> what'll happen! :)
>
> Bolot

Woohoo!! Next stop, distributionVille!!!!!!!!!
BIG THANK YOU for the help,
Ali.