Command Line Workspace (was RE: Language implementation in Sq

Tim Rowledge rowledge at interval.com
Wed Nov 17 21:34:06 UTC 1999

On Wed 17 Nov, Lex Spoon wrote:
> The workspace-in-a-web-browser idea is completely workable.  A PWS
> action to do this stuff could look something like the following:

[snip]
....all of which reminds me of a neat tricklet we used in the RTOSmalltalk stuff
here at Interval; 'code' URLs. I suspect the PWS could easily be tweaked to
handle a similar construct. IIRC, we used something like :-
code://machine.id/3+4
which would hopefully return 7...
Longer expressions would need some URL compliant way of handling spaces and so
on. Can't remember that bit, but maybe Craig can?

tim

--
Don't stop at one bug.
Tim Rowledge:  rowledge at interval.com (w)  +1 (650) 842-6110 (w)