[BUG] MVC System Browser Problems

JArchibald at aol.com JArchibald at aol.com
Thu Oct 28 18:33:25 UTC 1999

=> 10/28/99 1:56:59 PM EDT, bolot at cc.gatech.edu =>
<< The problem here becomes evident if you do one of the following in another
browser:
 - add a class that's above the currently selected class (higher in category
hierarchy or alphabetically in the same category) >>

Yes! I have run into that. I tried to add a class Sequence, just above
Interval, with the following script and results.

(a) Using the standard Browser
(b) I created a sub-class of SequenceableCollection, named Sequence with
instance variables:
    start &
    stop
(c) I adjusted the definition of Interval to take Sequence as it super class,
and it then had it have only one instance variable:
      step
(d) When I do accept, Smalltalk compilation just ground its way into limbo. I
had to quit from Windows close [X] button. No walkbacks, no Debug.log file.

As I said before, this is with 2.6 (clean image), and running on Windows'95
on an older (133MHz) Pentium II.

Jerry.