TGen error (Now you've really started something!)

Chris Wright caw at cs.mu.oz.au
Wed Aug 2 01:08:15 UTC 2000

Firstly, thanks very much to all the kind folk who responded to my plea
for help w.r.t. lexers/parsers under Squeak. I've filedIn the TGen
classes and all the tests are passed.

I've then tried to get the (morphic) TGenUI going.

Following the instructions in the readme, I've executed 'TGenUI open' in
a morphic project, and chosen 'load specs' from the menu of the text
pane in the upper right.
I then typed in 'example10' (as described, without any extension).
I get a requester "Example10.tok does not exist", and three options
	Create a new file
	Choose another name
	Cancel

I chose Create a new file
Another requester "This load will overwrite existing specs. Are you sure
you want to do this?".
Answering "No" produced an abort, but that's OK
Answering "Yes" leads to
	The grammer being displayed in the lower left text pane
	A requester "example10.eg does not exist" and three optins
		Create a new file
		Choose another name
		Cancel

Choosing "Create a new file":
	(Progress seen in upper right text pane)
	The scanner is built
	The parser is built
	The grammar is identified as LL(1)
	And then...

	"Error: Characters are not indexable"

Debug:
	Characters(Object)>>Size
		self class isVariable ifFalse: [self errorNotIndexable]

	self is $
	all inst var is value: 4

I'd be VERY grateful for some help here...If I can get this going, then
I'm on my way!

cheers

chris

--