Question: How do I delete a simple line

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri Dec 1 12:00:33 UTC 2000

On Fri, 1 Dec 2000 Steffen.Mueller at phaidros.com wrote:

> Hallo Hans-Martin,
>
> I want to drag a line very fast from one point to another and I hoped I
> could use the same method like in SystemWindow (see doFastFrameDrag).
> I'm afraid 'restore display' is not the right method to do this.

Checkout DisplayObject>>follow:while:bitsBehind:startingLoc: . This gives
an example how to save the bits before drawing, then drawing something,
then restoring the contents when the object moves. Try
	Form fromUser followCursor
to see it in action. You would have to adapt this to draw something
different each time (it currently only displays a fixed size form).

Btw: Morphic does all that for you ;^)

-- Bert