[GOODIE] Morph Dock Revisited version 0.1

Pennell, David DPennell at quallaby.com
Sun Jul 9 04:02:54 UTC 2000

MorphDock seems to be very analogous to the docking tray in
Windows, CDE and KDE.  In all of these systems, you hold
down ALT and the first time you press TAB, a window pops
up in the middle of your screen with all the icons and a
text line at the bottom.  The first icon is selected and
the appropriate textual description is displayed.  As
you continue to hold ALT down, repeated presses of TAB
step through the list of icons.  Releasing either key
activates the selected icon. The newly selected window is
yanked out of the middle of the list and pushed on the
front.  This makes it very easy to switch back and forth
between a pair of windows.  As my case of "shrinking arm
disease" grows worse, I find myself using fully maximized
windows and toggling around with alt-tab.

I think the essential thing is that there is a keyboard
sequence (ctl-tab is used by Windows apps to cyle between
windows in an app) that cycles through ALL of the
SystemWindows.  I'm sure we could do something better with
the feedback mechanisms.

-david