[Q] FFIPlugin for Unix

Pennell, David DPennell at quallaby.com
Sun Jul 9 04:08:41 UTC 2000

I've managed to build a plugin-ized Solaris VM from Tim's sources (with
gcc).
I removed the SoundPlugin subdirectory for the moment since it
generated a few errors and I don't care about sound on this platform.

After a little trial and error, I also managed to build SqueakFFIPrims.so.
I was a little surprised to find that it was dependant on a Cygnus
package.

- Is liffi included on Linux (and other *nix's)?
- What is the preferred way to add additional libs to link step?
  (I manually edited the Makefile)
- Should this module be renamed FFIPlugin to be consistent with other
plugins?
- Is somebody reworking the startup/shutdown code?  When I exit the image,
  it wants to shutdown a non-existend SoundPlugin...

-david