In case of segfault.....

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Wed Apr 25 16:32:59 UTC 2001

There I was, chortling to myself that the Rolodex project was finished
(well, sort of) when Squeak seg faulted on me. I don't think I did
anything to provoke it!

Anyway, I use Ian Piumarta's neat inisqueak to install Squeak and, after
trying everything else, that got me a working Squeak. Of course, it's
not the pre segfault Squeak, but it's better than nowt and I can always
re-do the Rolodex project (fortunately I'd got all the documentation
done).

So, in the event of a segfault, what actually gets trashed, or, better,
what should I *always back up*? I seem to remember conventional (?)
wisdom saying it's the image, but Mark's slides suggest the changes
file....

Cheers

John
Marx: "Why do Anarchists only drink herbal tea?"
Proudhon: "Because all proper tea is theft."