Squeak on Mac emulation performance oddities

Alexander Lazarevic lazarevi at cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Sun Apr 15 12:39:18 UTC 2001

    Andreas> (slower) machine. Somebody ought to look at that gnuify
    Andreas> script and find out what's broken on Linux.

I wasn't aware, that when you build the vm from the sources for unix
(3.0pre2) gnuify won't be used at all by default. After changing
interp to gnu-interp in the Makefile I got a vm with a reasonable
performance (just about a factor of 2 in b/s).

Alex
--
hyppytyynytyydytys (<finnisch> Hüpfkissenbefriedigung) -- Max Goldt