Lost in Squeak world....

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Feb 13 01:18:21 UTC 2001

On Monday 12 February 2001 18:10, Rick wrote:

> Ok, I made it as an instance variable... I did it global because I can
> inspect it even after closing the application window...
> -walkback in my brain: 'clobbered' not understood (I didn't find it in my
> english dictionary (I am brazilian))

Sorry. I meant that if you make more than one of these things, they will
interfere with each other because they will be writing to the same variable.

> > * If you're going to be using Morphic (not MVC), you would be better off
> > coming up with your own version of openAsMorph, rather than open.
>
> No morphic, unless someone can convince me that is ten thousands times
> easyer to deal with... ( and the word 'morphic' is very similar to a bad
> word in portuguese... hehehe)

It may be easier to debug, as you can make the individual pieces (lists,
buttons, etc.) by themselves and test them.

> Well, the changed: statements are now placed in both fileString: and
> fileListIndx: methods, and editada is an instance variable, and this is not
> working yet. I'm almost giving up because I am too much tired of thinking
> about.

What part doesn't work?

--
Ned Konz