various prices for Mark's book

Billy Tanksley btanksley at hifn.com
Mon Feb 12 21:44:54 UTC 2001

From: Jarvis, Robert P. (Contingent) [mailto:Jarvisb at timken.com]

>(This is apparently an interesting strategy for Amazon - get
>consumers (such
>as myself) accustomed to the idea that they're the low-price
>leader, then
>jack up their prices.  Who's gonna notice, right?)

Amazon's has NEVER been the low-price leader -- try any booksearch engine
(such as dealtime.com or mysimon).  Amazon is ALWAYS at the bottom of the
list.

They're best for service -- for example, their reader reviews -- and
selection, but worst for price.  That's fair.

Oh, I also strongly dislike their sue-the-competition business model, but
that's just me.

>Bob Jarvis

-Billy