[Win32] Preliminary 3.0 VM available

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Mon Feb 5 03:18:49 UTC 2001

On Sunday 04 February 2001 19:01, Raab, Andreas wrote:

> Currently, there is one known problem with the sound if you're not using
> the DSound version which is related to a Squeak side problem. The attached
> CS fixes the problem (it'll come in the update stream later).

Looking in the change set, it appears that you have to have the code in the
image matching the VM; does this means that you can't use the image unchanged
in VM's that don't support the ready semaphore? I can see this causing
problems when people try to use older VM's with newer images...

UseReadySemaphore _ true.  "set to false if ready semaphore not supported by
VM"

Is there any way to detect this VM capability from the image?

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA
email:     ned at bike-nomad.com