MajorShrink and MorphicShrink

Kevin Fisher kgf at golden.net
Tue Feb 6 23:52:24 UTC 2001

Hi folks!

Well, since the subject of shrinking has come up again.... :)

I was doing some shrinking a while back to get the 2.9 image on the iPaq..I
succeeded in getting a workable Morphic-based image with Networking and
whatnot in about 5megs.

Perhaps we should have more than one variation on majorShrink?  We could still
keep the 'classic' shrink that shows how small we can get it...and perhaps
others, like shrinking for PDA usage (what would we need for a PDA?)

Myself, for PDA usage I'd like networking, sound, basic clients like Celeste
and Scamper, Morphic (of course) and Serial (in case we want to write our own
synching software).  It would be nice to have other stuff like Morphic
scripting and the Speech synth (for fun!), along with a couple games
(Squeak's Tetris looks great on the iPaq :).  I think 3D could be considered
'optional' for PDA usage given the lack of floating point units on many PDA's.

Just my 0x02...