Project layout

Norton, Chris chrisn at Kronos.com
Tue Feb 27 19:30:26 UTC 2001

I haven't followed this thread very carefully, but I'd like to toss in my 2
bits about projects and their layout.

I downloaded the Squeak 3.0 released version for Windows on Friday.  It is
*really* slick!

However, when I went out to Bobs Super Swiki and loaded in some of the
sample projects, I found that large portions of the projects were pushed off
screen (bottom, right).  I run with an 800 X 600.  I have weak eyesight, so
I prefer to have somewhat larger text and pictures.  I think it is
unacceptable for the sample projects to be pushed off screen like that.

I understand that people with higher resolutions and bigger monitors like to
use them to their fullest potential.  So I propose that we (someone w/ the
skills) should add scroll bars to the world (they would only appear if
needed).

There are many solutions to this problem, but short of redesigning morphs to
be auto-scalable (a la layout frames), this would give us big bang for small
bucks.

What do y'all think?

Cheers,

---==> Chris

PS> Alternate ideas:

*	Grabbable world (like Adobe Acrobat documents -- a tiny gripping
hand)
*	A mini locator window that shows the whole project -- you click in
the window and it moves the center of your screen accordingly
*	Little Arrow buttons in the corners of a project.  Clicking on the
buttons moves your viewpoint over by some amount.