The license-free fonts, was: Re: Packaging Squeak for DebianGNU/Linux

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Mon May 28 12:32:28 UTC 2001

On Sat, 26 May 2001, Henrik Gedenryd wrote:

> > As to the encoding issue, in my limited experience, Squeak doesn't use the
> > extended characters very frequently, probably because the existing fonts are
> > either incomplete or inconsistent.  I suspect a change of encding wouldn't
> > affect much.
>
> Judging from the replies (none) the encoding doesn't seem like a hot issue
> any longer.

It's still high on my wish list. I guess there were no responses because
we basically agreed that it would be a Good Thing to switch to ISO, but
nobody did it yet. There isn't much more involved than using new fonts, so
if we change the fonts now, it would be a good time to change the
encoding, too.

-- Bert