A Review of SqueakNews

Maarten Maartensz maartens at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 2 15:47:16 UTC 2001

Helllo Squeak-community!

It may interest you that I wrote - on invitation by Tansel Ersavas - a
review of SqueakNews of August 2001 (which I really like), in which I am
trying to raise some fundamental questions, especially about how to talk
about and present Squeak (and Smalltalk).

Here is a link:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~maartens/log_comp/review_squeaknews_aug2001.htm

It is 84 Kb, but it is fairly decently written, I believe. And I have been
asked by some I review to draw your attention to it, and that's one of
those things one just can't refuse to do.

I also suggest we do NOT extensively discuss it inside this list, which
seems to me to targetted at the noble end of developing Squeak. (And I am
on the digest only, having no real code to contribute, yet. But I will
reply off-list to all rational mail send to me personally.)

Regards,

Maarten.

Maarten Maartensz.
Website in Amsterdam about philosophy, logic,
M.E. (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis) and much more:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~maartens/
more than 25 MB of stimulating and original ideas.