[FIX][ENH-FIX]Re: [BUG]? Celeste message parsing error: At least one digit expected here

danielv at netvision.net.il danielv at netvision.net.il
Sat Nov 10 22:46:23 UTC 2001

Leandro's code is great, but has a sort-of-bug (coded on non-up-to-date image, LC?).

It seems to lose mail, and exposed a weakness in our salvage&compact.

Fixes for both attached, I recommend Leandro's code with patch for inclusion.

If you've been using LC's code, and suspect you've been missing messages-
* file in both attached Changesets,
* salvage&compact -twice- and,
* check out your .unclassified. messages.

An initialy solution to badly form mail - on error's generate a FileIndexEntry
with todays date and the subject "Badly formed mail". The user can take it from
there...

Implementation left as exercise to reader (might require some refactoring to the
usage of FileIndexEntry by the UI - not a bad idea).

Daniel