Celeste improvements!

Fleeberz at aol.com Fleeberz at aol.com
Mon Oct 1 14:15:12 UTC 2001

In a message dated 2001-10-01 7:40:15 AM, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se writes:

>Two things that I would like in Celeste:
>
>1. Some form of tracking of "read messages", color changed or whatever.
>2. Threading. Also, I have noticed that Celeste doesn't send
>"in-reply-to" and uses 'X-Mailer' instead of 'user-agent' (read
>somewhere that X-Mailer is deprecated or something). But that is very
>easy to fix of course.
>
>Before I start fiddling with this, has anybody already done this or do
>have "everything" if I do an update?

You have everything! Fix it now dammit! And let us sort ascending/descending
by from/date/subject and use special extra color for messages you've replied
to, with link to the reply (sent mail being saved as well, as usual).

Maybe add "must get back to this" memory-jogger for "priority" mail you wish
to read later/in more detail/wish to reply to, but "can't do it right now."

Add a ranking system, some arbitrary tag (numeric, alpha, whatever) maybe to
allow later global filtering by relevance. For example, "Show me all the last
2 weeks worth of mail that wasn't friendly chitchat, flames or apologies."
Could be multi-coded for code snippets/links, documentation, things to do,
etc.  Sure, we have [BUG][FIX][UPDATES][OT] but not everyone applies these
consistently; OTOH, "live" editing of Subjects would be nice, as long as
subsequent messages with same subject get "reedited" automagically, so we
could add a [BUG] to "Can't run simulator on TI-83" and then use the usual
filtering at some future date to find gems like that.

--Flee

ALL YOUR {} ARE BELONG TO US