VWXML parse error

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Sat Oct 20 21:23:08 UTC 2001

On 20 Oct 2001, Lyn A Headley wrote:

> I evaluated the following code snippet in a workspace with a recently
> loaded version of the VWXML parser: (an xml-rpc method call)
[snip]
> This produced a walkback in VWXMLDocumentType>>elementFor:
>
> here:
>
> warn: ('The element "<1s>" has not been defined'
>         expandMacrosWith: key asString)]
>
> because the class String does not have a method expandMacrosWith:
>
> Did I file in the changeset wrong?  Where can I find the
> expandMacrosWith: String method?

Which version are you using (of the parser)? I've not touched it in aeons,
but I did include a straw #expandMacrosWith:.

To get this, you need the following change set:

http://monkeyfist.com/downloads/smalltalk/squeak/cst/xmlparser/VWXMLTweaks.1.cs

as well as:

http://monkeyfist.com/downloads/smalltalk/squeak/cst/xmlparser/VWXML.1.cs

Hope this helps.