Smalltalk Solutions Early Registration Deadline Reminder

Alan Knight knight at acm.org
Fri Apr 5 23:52:40 UTC 2002

Just a reminder that we're approaching the early regristration deadline for
Smalltalk Solutions, and the price goes up after April 8th (Monday).

We have a great program this year, which you can see at
http://www.gosmalltalk.com/speakers.php

A couple of highlights:
   - XP: Ron Jeffries, Ann Anderson and Chet Henrdrickson will be doing
three talks on different aspects of eXtreme Programming.

   - Smalltalk in Practice: We'll be hearing about Smalltalk doing
industrial process control , building first-person shooter video games, and
running a large travel site. Ed Klimas will talk about building a
successful e-commerce application in Smalltalk with detailed metrics
comparing it to other approaches.

   - A Smalltalk view of other technologies: There's a whole world of
technologies outside of Smalltalk that we need to keep up with. We'll hear
about IBM's open-source Eclipse IDE and whether it really eclipses
Smalltalk, about Apple's new MacOS X, about J2EE and .NET, about Web
Services and JxTA, all from a Smalltalk-centric point of view.

Of course this will also be your opportunity to hear about upcoming
releases of VAST, Gemstone, Dolphin, and Cincom Smalltalk, to learn about
future plans, and to network with other Smalltalkers.

Hope to see you there,

--
Alan Knight [|], Technical co-chair, Smalltalk Solutions 2002
knight at acm.org
http://www.smalltalksolutions.com