Morphic slowness (was Re: Does *anyone* use MVC?)

Göran Hultgren goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Thu Aug 1 23:17:35 UTC 2002

Hi all!

Quoting Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com>:
> On Thursday 01 August 2002 03:14 pm, Göran Hultgren wrote:
> > 1. Could we extend the MessageTally class so that we could create
> > an instance once and then let it spy on a certain piece of code
> > over and over again and thus accumulating "real data" but only
> > about the piece of code we are interested in?
>
> You can spy on a Process.
>
> So you can easily build a little script that exercises the UI,
> and then profile the UI until it's done.

Yes, ok, I saw that - but that is not really what I want. I would like to do this:

Smalltalk at: #MyTallyer put: MessageTally new.
10 timesRepeat: [
 <some code I don't want to tally>
 MyTallyer spy: [ <some code> ].
 <some code I don't want to tally>
 MyTallyer spy: [ <some other code> ].
].
MyTallyer openUpInSomeFancyToolWhatever...

:-)

Then we could select the pieces we want and the pieces we don't want even! We
could of course use "MyTallyer pause" and "MyTallyer resume" too.

regards, Göran

Göran Hultgren, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
GSM: +46 70 3933950, http://www.bluefish.se
\"Department of Redundancy department.\" -- ThinkGeek