[ANN] SqueakMap-020815

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Aug 15 19:54:25 UTC 2002

On Thursday 15 August 2002 11:50 am, Göran Hultgren wrote:
> 4. If the downloaded file is a cs.gz the tool could offer to
> decompress and file it in. That would be nice.

Or (even better) in a .zip (which could also include multiple CS's,
like a test suite, etc.). There is comprehensive support in Squeak
for zips.

We could make the standard distribution format based on zip:

(possibly) multiple change sets
special directory name for tests (zip path names have nothing to do
with disk directories, of course).
special directory name for installation scripts.

So your SqueakMap distribution could have:

squeakmap-020815/
squeakmap-020815/kom412.20Feb1416.cs
squeakmap-020815/SM-fixes.3.cs
squeakmap-020815/SM-view.1.cs
squeakmap-020815/SM-domain.1.cs
squeakmap-020815/HV.19.cs
squeakmap-020815/SM-domain-fixes.2.cs
squeakmap-020815/install/preamble
squeakmap-020815/install/sminstall.st
squeakmap-020815/install/sminstall-mini.st
squeakmap-020815/install/postscript
squeakmap-020815/tests/SM-test1.cs
squeakmap-020815/tests/SM-test2.cs

Two subdirectories with magic names:

install     includes (optional) preamble and postscript, as well as 0
or more other install scripts.

tests       includes SUnit test scripts

The squeakmap-020815/install/postscript would prompt the user for
type of install (web or mini) and then run one of the install/*.st
files.

> Would you like to help out? The model is right there in the zip I
> released - you just need to slap a Morphic UI on top. :-)

I'm kind of busy right now, but I'll keep it in mind.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com