[ANN] SARBuilder v5 registered on SqueakMap

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Thu Dec 5 09:21:27 UTC 2002

Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> wrote:
> I've updated the SARBuilder package to make it easier to make
> multi-file SAR distributions of DVS packages.
>
> You can now have prerequisite and additional packages loaded before
> and after your main package, respectively.
>
> And the additional packages can have prerequisites, so that their

Does this mean we are building duplicate mechanisms for dependencies?
Or is this mechanism only intended to be used "within" a SqueakMap
package?

To me this sounds like a "load script". Does it mean that I can not
"avoid" these to be run if I install a SAR containing them? That would
mean it "trips up" any other scheme for managing dependencies (like the
one I am planning).

In short - it worries me a bit... Both that you are building these
things "into" the package (instead of keeping it outside) and that this
will probably "conflict" with my upcoming plans for SqueakMap.

Not that I can tell anyone what to do of course. Diversity is good. :-)

I just want to know and understand the rationale etc.

regards, Göran