Pocket PC Performance

Carl Gundel carlg at libertybasic.com
Thu Dec 26 22:42:59 UTC 2002

Yoshiki,

>   Oh-uh, how it looks exactly?  If it looks like landscape-ish but
> chopped off edges, try to go to full screen mode.  I might
> accidentally overwrite the VM on the web with landscape VM, which
> actually doesn't work properly except in full screen mode.

It just seems to draw blocks of graphics in different places.  It looks like
a mess, and of course the mouse clicks don't land on things as they are
drawn on the screen.  If I switch to full screen and then power off the
computer and back on again in that mode, it totally screws up the video mode
and I need to wipe the PDA's memory.

>   Or, (I guess this is more likely), the scan line length is different
> on Genio.  The support code is not written generic enough and I'd say
> that it only handles the framebuffer compatible with iPAQ.

I'm running what amounts to a Toshiba e570 and not a Genio, but that's
probably it.

>   I'm sorry, but (again) without having actual hardware, it is hard to
> test.

No need to apologize.  I understand completely.  :-)  I made a 2.8 image
with some stuff removed and it seems to run more nicely.  As you said, the
MVC GUI is very snappy, and even Morphic runs much better in v2.8 (feels
twice as fast).  Someone mentioned that v2.6 is even better, and I may give
that a try.

Thanks so much!

-Carl