SoundIn in MacOS X?

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue Feb 5 05:57:11 UTC 2002

>Mark,
>
>I'd like to know more about your comment that MIDI is working on OS X.  I've
>been using OS X for about 11 months now and actually really like it.  But
>I'm unaware of any MIDI device support.  Is there a USB MIDI in/out support
>that works from Squeak on OS X?  If there is I'm off to the store in a
>heartbeat to get an interface...
>
>Just curious,
>
>  -  Steve

Mmmm one wonders how rumors get started.

Now it seems the fellow who did OMS is now at Apple and reworking all
the midi stuff.

Also see
http://developer.apple.com/audio/macosxaudio.html
http://www.apple.com/creative/musicaudio/
http://www.motu.com/english/other/press/osxmidi/osx_midi.html
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/audio/

Given all that, when does it get into Squeak? Good Question.