[BUG] search + replace is search + delete

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Tue Jan 8 07:45:30 UTC 2002

Hints for tracking down and fixing this bug:

(1) The bug arrived with update 4585MenuFromKeyboard; the
precipitating change was the addition, in
MenuMorph.popUpAt:forHand:in:, of the line "hand newKeyboardFocus:
self."  If you revert that method to its pre-4585 version, the bug
goes away -- but of course keyboard control then goes away as well.

(2) The bug occurs only in morphic.

(3) The bug only occurs if a *menu* is used to invoke the *first* "do
again"; if the *first* do-again is invoked from the keyboard (cmd-j),
all is well, even if subsequent do-agains are invoked from a menu.

(4) The bug only occurs if keyboard-control-of-menus is enabled (the
"menuKeyboardControl" preference added in update 4639 allows the user
to disable keyboard-control-of-menus altogether.)

   -- Scott