Weekend Project Update [was: log me in!]

Ian Piumarta ian.piumarta at inria.fr
Thu Jul 11 03:50:45 UTC 2002

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Ian Piumarta wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Kevin Fisher wrote:
> > ...it claims labelArea doesn't exist.
>
> I fixed some geometry problems last night and there are no more references
> to labelArea in my current code.  If you can hang on for an hour or so
> I'll make the new code available...

I've filed it out in the usual place.  This is mainly for two reasons: (i)
It might let Kevin zurgle further with it and (ii) the 3.2-4 VM comes with
a new (*much* more portable) PTY plugin requiring a couple of small
(but significant) changes in the class PseudoTTY.

I've pulled PseudoTTY out of the "telnet" changeset to keep the two
independent.  (The protocol of the former hasn't [and isn't likely to]
change, but the primitives are now slightly *different* so you have to
have the one that corresponds to your version of the VM... or else! ;)

The full story is at:

  http://www-sor.inria.fr/~piumarta/squeak/goodies.html

Sorry for any confusion.

FWIW, the current code fixes the drift-by-1-pixel resize bug in the
top-level window when changing the label (turns out to be a bug in
ProportionalLayout when hResizing is set to #shrinkWrap [so I just avoid
having any layoutProperties at all and the bug shuts up ;]) and has put
the VT options menu on the yellow button, as somebody recently requested.
Reverse video might behave a little more logically too.  Also the
TelnetProtocol now understands a weirdo command that the BSD server was
sending (and which did cause some problems).

Have fun!

Ian