[Squeak] Need for GUI-Building-Tool

Dale Pond dalesvp at qwest.net
Mon Jul 15 12:49:26 UTC 2002

Bijan Parsia wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Diego Gomez Deck wrote:
>
> > >P.S.: I like squeak. But some on this list have the "linuxguru syndrome".
> >
> > Yes... I feel the same. :(
>
> Linux guru syndrome? "Volunteering tons of one's times, energy, and
> expertise to help people who irritate you by whining about how you don't
> meet *their* needs completely?"
>
> Only half-smiley.

Actually, speaking as a newbie to Squeak, what is being called for is a
self-help book along the lines of Danny Goodman's "HyperCard Bible" that
illustrates not only the NAME of the commands and functions but WHAT they do and
HOW TO DO IT reinforced with actual working scripting examples. It is my feeling
HyperCard became widely used because of Goodman's book - from which he probably
is still making money. Teaching does not have to be done at a financial, work or
time loss - teaching (not hand holding) can make money for those adept at
fulfilling a need where one is so obvious as it is with Squeak and similar
programs.

--
Life, Light, Love and Laughter,
Dale Pond