ARM GCC bug [Was: Squeak on WinCE HPC MIPS?]

Tommy Thorn tt1729 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 16 18:46:28 UTC 2002

Kevin Fisher wrote:
> Yes, I do recall that...I described to the
(presumably) ARM GCC people
> what I was seeing and how it was happening...I don't
recall much coming
> from that beyond "It doesn't sound like the same bug
we're thinking of..."
> The optimization bug I was seeing was on an ARM
machine used for linux/iPaq
> builds (owned by the handhelds.org folks)...I'm
pretty sure it's the same
> bug everyone is seeing, as I tracked it down on the
old Netwinder site at
> one time.
>
> I haven't kept up with any of the GCC ARM stuff but
I sincerely hope they
> track this annoyance down.  I know that as of GCC
3.0 they had not.

Is there a small, self contained example illustrating
the bug?  Has
anyone checked to see if it's fixed in GCC 3.1?

/Tommy