commenting code

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Jun 4 03:51:39 UTC 2002

On Monday 03 June 2002 08:30 pm, Rob Whitfield wrote:
> Every time I "accept" a block of code it gets reformatted
> automatically and all my comments disappear.  I'm still new at this
> so I'm sure it's something obvious that I'm missing.  Could someone
> please explain?

Hmm... sounds like you don't have a sources file or it can't be
written, or something. Though I'd think you'd see complaints about
this when you started up.

Have you tried to shrink the image or called "Smalltalk
abandonSources"?

If the sources aren't available, the system will de-compile the byte
codes. This will remove your comments and will re-format the code.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com