inisqueak for Unix

David Farber dfarber at numenor.com
Mon Jun 10 21:54:21 UTC 2002

Attached is my modified version of inisqueak for Unix. I really love being able to just create a new directory, cd into it and type 'inisqueak'. But, for some reason, I usually prefer to download new images rather than get updates from the update stream.

So what I'd /really/ like to be able to do is just dump new images into /usr/local/lib/squeak and have inisqueak install the latest .image (and .changes) it finds.

The attached inisqueak does just that. I'm not sure that it necessarily does it in a portable way, though, so caveat emptor.

If my hack looks good enough to include in the normal distribution, then it might be nice to add '--list' (list available image versions), '--help' and '<version>' as optional arguments to inisqueak.

david