Idea to get money in Squeak community

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Jun 19 07:03:22 UTC 2002

Hi cees

> Note that the German thingy is an association, not a foundation. I don't
> think
> anglosaxon countries have associations as a separate form of legal entity,
>  or
> am I wrong? Anyway, there is a difference over here (the European
> continent)
> between an association and a foundation, they are different types of legal
> entities.

But for now an association would work perfectly, I guess that an
association in germany acts as a
group of people that do not have the intention to make money but can
manage it.
So right now this would be perfect.
I prefer to see an association that a non exisiting foundation.

> Talk on the Squeak-ev also is in the direction of a presentation at
> ESUG. With a bit of luck, the registration has been completed by that
> time so the club can then act as a legal entity (and accept money in its
> own bank account ;-)).

This would be a good start.