Mpeg3Plugin.dll and windows...

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Mar 7 18:49:49 UTC 2002

It was brought to my attention that the only windows version of the
mpeg3plugin I could find is on Steven Pair's page
http://spair.swiki.net/15.

However that appears to be the 1.0 flavor.

So is there a more current version, using the 1.2 changes that were
made in 2001? If not is there someone (perhaps Steven Pair again?)
who has the tools, and time to bring this plugin uptodate and
integrate it with the source now on sourceforge? The changes I made
gave a good 10% or so improvement.

We also need to bring it within arms reach of VMMaker.

A longer term objective is checking out the original source code at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/heroines/ and doing any necessary
updates. Having someone do that would be a nice thing. I am quite
willing to answer any questions, etc, but I don't have the time to
perform this task. I can see from their patch list there are some
bugs that I'm sure we've encountered.

PS I should point out our fork of the source code as very few squeak
specific changes, mostly due to macintosh pre os-10 issues. But it
also excludes some decoders that Hollywood deem as evil.