Can't get new VM to work... [VMMAKER]

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Mar 7 20:10:20 UTC 2002

OK, tried again. This time I set all the plugins to available and tried to
build.

I did a

configure --with-x

and a make.

This time it didn't even finish compiling. Apparently sqUnixMozilla.o is now
considered a core module, and it depends on the FilePlugin, which I didn't
compile.

So I made only the FilePlugin and the SocketPlugin internal and left the rest
available (not building them).

There are still these errors, probably from missing prototypes/include files:

$ grep implicit errors.err
../squeak/platforms/unix/vm/sqXWindow.c:4146: warning: implicit declaration
of function `DPRINT'
../squeak/platforms/Cross/plugins/FilePlugin/sqFilePluginBasicPrims.c:82:
warning: implicit declaration of function `ftello'
../squeak/platforms/Cross/plugins/FilePlugin/sqFilePluginBasicPrims.c:186:
warning: implicit declaration of function `fseeko'
gnu-interp.c:2086: warning: implicit declaration of function `fseeko'
gnu-interp.c:19416: warning: implicit declaration of function `ftello'

As well as many other warnings.

Including lots of "defined but not used", which kind of worry me.

Alas, now I don't even get an EmergencyDebugger.

So I added some plugins. Now the following are internal:
BitBltSimulation
FilePlugin
Matrix2x3Plugin
MiscPrimitivePlugin
SocketPlugin
and none are external.

Repeat the drill: remove the squeak/src directory, clean out the build
directory, re-generate everything, re-configure, re-make.

And now I'm back to the same errors with Floats.

Has anyone actually recently built this on Linux in a clean directory
hierarchy from a stock image?

If so, how did you do it?

--
Ned Konz