Squeak will become illegal in the US under the CBDTPA?

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Tue Mar 26 21:12:28 UTC 2002

Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> said:
>Those of you outside the US may think you're free of this interference, but
>the global entertainment industry is not likely to stop at the US.

Answer 1: http://www.cs.indiana.edu/statecraft/civ.dis.html - put it into
          your Palm and beam it to everyone you meet.

Answer 2: Boy, am I glad that SqC has left one of the worst companies
          in this respect. Disney often makes Microsoft looks like
	  friendly pals (after all, Microsoft doesn't infringe on my
	  basic rights).

Answer 3: I'm saving for an apartment on that mega cruise ship/offshore
          free state ;-)

(seriously: it is worrying. Especially that 'the man in the street' does
not have a clue what's going on, and when he does, it is too late. The
timing is perfect - governments in Europe and Northern America are
shifting to the right so they'll have an open ear to industry lobbyists. I
think this law stands a good chance of passing, given the amount of crap
that the US government has put into place. All US citizens: it's still
time to emigrate so you don't have to shame yourself to death about the
shit you guys are producing - really, do it now).

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>