DVS and lfs

danielv at netvision.net.il danielv at netvision.net.il
Sun Nov 3 23:38:27 UTC 2002

Why not CrLfFileStream?

a. I don't always know what it will do. The alternatice always screws
things up in the same way.
b. For some things, it's very slow. For example, the Celeste index is
saved half in binary, half in text. Every time one converts, CLFS needs
to check again what the current line ending is. Just wanted it to write
to a darn file, thank you very much!

Though I admit I used it for a while, and I was happy for quite a bit
before those two things started to annoy me.

Daniel