[ENH] Image Browser: for browsing code in the other .image file

Torge.Husfeldt Torge.Husfeldt at gmx.de
Thu Nov 7 12:21:59 UTC 2002

Hi Edgar,

Of course there are right now possibilites to recover changes from a hanging
squeak without having to resort to external tools.
First, and i think you know that, if the "hang" is just a one-off and you can
restart squeak you just use Changes->browse recent...
>from the world menu.
Second, if squeak hangs on restart and you have an exact ancestor of the squeak
image (the distribution image with which you started should be fine it just
mustn't be a forked version or one that difers by a condense changes).
you can do the following:
Copy the ancestor image and the changes file respectivly and name them maybe
repair.[image|changes].
Fire up the image and do the browse recent change log thing.

At least this _should_ work.
On the other hand, it wouldn't hurt to have a tool that helps you out
finding stuff in change files belonging to dead image files.

HTH,
Torge