SAR & DVS question

Stephen Pair spair at acm.org
Fri Nov 15 13:37:46 UTC 2002

I have a few change sets that include a very careful ordering of changes
(one that applies a couple of refactorings to the collection hierarchy).
So, I have a "preload" change set that does the very careful ordering,
and a regular change set where ordering isn't as critical (specifically,
these are the ExtendedAttributeDictionary change sets at
http://spair.swiki.net/26).

My questions are this...can DVS cope with situations where changes need
to be very carefully ordered?  Or should I just continue using a change
set for the preload and perhaps use DVS for the other.

And, how well do DVS and SAR work together?  Specifically, can I bundle
a preload change set with a DVS package and have it wrapped neatly into
a SAR and make the change set load prior to the DVS package?

I'm looking for advice on what is the best approach in this situation.

Thanks,
Stephen