[ENH] Celeste sending/fetching mail with Michaels refactored clients (v2)

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Tue Nov 19 00:01:39 UTC 2002

danielv at netvision.net.il is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> Now also added a POP "QUIT" to closing the pop connection, so deleting
> messages works too.
Any chance you might be interested in trying to make a decently working
'leave messages on server' facility? From RFC 1939 it_looks_ like it
shouldbe feasible to use a POP-server unique ID to check which messages
you already have uploaded so they don't get reloaded. However, I simply
don't have an RFC compatible mind; every time I try to make sense of one
of the frelling things it simply oozes out of my head. It's like reading
page 53 of the Necronomicon - after I did, blue slime came out of my
ears for a week....

Oh, and a 'delete from server when trash is emptied' effect would be
useful too.

Taken together I think this would make Celeste very useful on a
'travelling laptop' ie not ones main machine. I read mail on my Acorn
(of course!) at home but on my pBook when travelling. I have the laptop
leave mail on the server so I can fetch it to the Acorn when I get back.

tim

Useful random insult:- Caboose seems to be pulling the engine.