Where does BitBlitplugin.c come from?

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri Nov 22 20:11:00 UTC 2002

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Frits Swinkels wrote:

> More importantly, there is a /src/BitBltPlugin/BitBlitPlugin.c , supposedly
> generated by Squeak. My image has no BitBlitPlugin and neither does
> /platforms. I looked all over, for example whether the class BitBlt had its
> own translator; that is out anyway because the .c contains function calls
> not in the BitBlt class.
>
> How did this file come into being?

The plugin class is named BitBlt and BitBltSimulation (for historical
reasons). If you chose to build it internally, the generated source file
is in src/vm/intplugins/BitBltPlugin/.

> My purpose for studying the VM is to find out how much and what of X11 is
> actually used by Squeak.

It opens a window and uses XPutImage to draw on it. Also, user input is
read from X events. That's pretty much it.

-- Bert