[ANN] SqueakMap RC2 and SM Loader 0.96 out

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at rogers.com
Sat Oct 26 22:46:07 UTC 2002

Hi,

> Before someone else asks:

    Well, after someone said:    ;-)

<QUOTE>
What would it take to make the SMLoader (and the SMPackageBrowser) not
depend on Morphic? Right now, they assume that they have Morphic
available. I think they're simple enough that they could be made to
work in a MVC-only image.
</QUOTE>

    SqueakMap/SMLoader is quite amazing, something that we have never had
before.

    But looking forward to the Module World,
    not only SqueakMap and SMLoader (ideally) should work in a MVC-only
image,
    but also in a headless image (so that we can load the MVC stuff or the
Morphic kernel).

    I can imagine typing into the SqueakScript console:

        " ChangeSorter newChangesFromStream:
('http://anakin.bluefish.se:8000/gohu/uploads/11/squeakmap-021026RC2.cs.gz'
asUrl retrieveContents content unzipped readStream) named:
'squeakmap-021224Gold' "

    Again, thanks for the efforts to liberate the objects.

    Cheers,

    PhiHo.

> The SqueakMap RC2 should show up your Loaders, just install it
> again, and it will pull in the updated SMLoader too.

Before someone else asks:

What would it take to make the SMLoader (and the SMPackageBrowser) not
depend on Morphic? Right now, they assume that they have Morphic
available. I think they're simple enough that they could be made to
work in a MVC-only image.

Likewise, the Refactoring Browser would be good to have in MVC.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com