[ANN] SqueakMap RC2 and SM Loader 0.96 out

squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Wed Oct 30 08:52:56 UTC 2002

Hi John and all!

wiljo at mac.com wrote:
> The intent of the UIBuilder from Squeak World Tour was that one could
> write model code that had a class method to declare its UI components
> and it would build an MVC or Morphic interface as appropriate.
>
> Seems to me that a day of coding could get it up to date with the
> latest changes to Morphic. A little extra work would add layout frames
> to MVC and extend the ui language to support layouts as well.
>
> If there is interest I could look up the code and get it current.

I looked at that when I wrote my article, it was pretty neat.
Read more at: http://anakin.bluefish.se:8000/sqworld

Search down to "SessionManager and UIs" it is pretty closely described
there with screenshots and all.

John, perhaps you could rip that out and post it on SqueakMap? It is
simple, place the .cs.gz file on an url somewhere of your liking and
then fill out this form:

http://map2.squeakfoundation.org/sm/regpackage

And if you like, please give me feedback about things that isn't clear
in that form - it should be as simple as possible.

regards, Göran

PS. The StableSqueak Swiki has been used for file uploads, I have been
pestering Cees about it, perhaps by simply adding a username/password to
be able to edit and upload. I think that would be nice. And here it
comes.... -> DS (I just can't stop can I?)